Wednesday 27 August 2008

Look ma, no mac...

I must be a crushing disappointment to you all.

By the way, it's not the first time I've said that in public.

Contra to everyone's advice, the replacement to the PC-that-is-no-more turned out to be yet another PC. I'm just not sufficiently wedged-up to pull together the eight hundred quid necessary for a basic iMac. There's a credit crunch on, don't you know. Anyway, I got a decently fast PC, all the software I need, and a fancy-pants wireless printer for £250 less than that.

I know. I'm a failure. As one of the continued Mac-less majority I cannot play hacky-sack, go snowboarding or grow interesting facial hair. And it means I'm having to negotiate the dickwaddery (qv) that is Microsoft Vista. My past years of home computing have clearly been incomplete without the right-hand edge of my screen showing an additional clock, a random slide show and an RSS news feed delivering, for some reason, local news for an American audience.

I guess I can't play with the cool kids just yet. But if anyone wants to know about industrial disputes in Ohio.....

3 comments:

wineandroasts said...

I didn't say I have a Mac, I said YOU should get a Mac. I (EYE) am hopelessly uncool. You are not. That's why you needed a Mac.

I have a work-issue Dell laptop.

Fear Vista. FEAR VISTA!! It is evil. If you feed it after midnight it will kill you in your sleep.

Unknown said...

Vista is what is wrong with the world and should die a slow and painful death. Actually, I think it is already, it's just taking the rest of the world with it.

Incidentally, while I have relatively interesting facial hair AND I have a Mac, I am still uncool, so imagine just how far I had to come to get where I am today.

Anonymous said...

Should have got a Mac. I'm just saying...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails