Monday 13 July 2009

Queasy Riders

A quick administrative notice.

Those of you who were reading this last September may remember that I helped a bunch of friends complete a madcap Lands End to John O'Groats cycling challenge for charity. One end of the country to the other - about 900 miles - in just under 60 hours.

And before you ask, no I wasn't one of the cyclists.

I still look back on the whole thing with affection. It was great fun. Gruelling, sleep-deprived, but great fun, and very worthwhile as we raised £10,000 for charity. So I'm very excited to be doing it again.

This time the team is performing the Three Peaks Challenge - climbing the three highest mountains in Wales, England and Scotland one after the other. Normally this is a 24-hour challenge, which is good going as there's about 450 miles driving to cover between them.

However this time the team is cycling between each mountain. The same people doing the climbing will be riding bikes in a non-stop relay.

And before you ask, no, I won't be one of the cyclists.

As before, my duties involve driving the support vehicle and documenting our progress. This latter task has included (as we're in the 21st century, don'tcha know) a blog.

So, to get a better view (and to see what's been going down over the last few months) pop along to see what we're all about.

So from Thursday I'll be away for a few days. Can't guarantee I'll be liveblogging it, but who knows?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails