Thursday 5 July 2007

Making my way

I was going to use the word 'movement' in the title of this post, but then I found the image to head it up with and had second thoughts.

So, progress seems to be good at the moment, and the interest my plan has generated seems to still be high. Everyone I talk to (well, in the building, at least) wants to know how I'm getting on.

There's questions about how I'm eating (pretty well, actually - I can't actually eat everything set out for me), am I exercising (erm, not yet - the lunchtime walks couldn't happen without a wetsuit and snorkel at the moment), even whether I've lost any weight yet. I'm not answering that last one until the next weekly weigh-in this weekend.

Listen up, kids - weighing yourself every day is a Very Bad Thing, for the following reasons:

  1. Apparently your weight fluctuates naturally anyway, so it's not an accurate measure;
  2. Your weight could be lower than you expected. "Great," you think, "it's pie time." Bad move;
  3. Your weight could be higher than you expected and you either give up or go too hardcore on the whole dieting thing; and
  4. I have a life, and (whisper this bit) my weight is only a part of it. An unsightly, flabby part, perhaps, but a part nevertheless.

So the weigh-in is a weekly thing only, folks. I'll do a poster, or something.

Plus two people told me they were following this blog. Blimey. Hello - you know who you are. I'll try to be good, ladies. And that's not the first time I've said that, either.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails