Sunday 14 October 2007

Swing Low, Swee...oh, you can guess the rest

This is officially getting silly now.

As an Englishman, I have been predisposed to believe a number of things as I have grown up:
  • A nice cup of tea, with a digestive biscuit, has a lot going for it;
  • Irony and sarcasm are as necessary for one's day-to-day existence as oxygen and water;
  • People are going to personally dislike you for something involving battlecruisers, manacles and/or redcoats that happened between fifty and four hundred years ago; and
  • Your national sporting teams are going to be a source of constant frustration.
Normally, in my book, those who use the term, "a whole new paradigm" deserve to spend the rest of their days living in a sort of Management-Speak Hades, where there is a constant stream of Blue Sky Workshops, Mission Envisioning Matrices and other such things.

But it's true. England being successful in sporting events is a whole new paradigm. And yesterday, we saw the English team winning through to the finals of the Rugby World Cup.

Google Analytics tells me that I have visitors from all over the world, including a whole bunch of folks who are, let's face it, probably not Rugby Union followers. To you all I say: I'm sorry. Bet you wish I was still doing the weightloss posts now, don't you?

Don't worry, I'm not turning into a sports fan. These are just strange days. Normal service will be resumed after the final, next weekend, when England meet up with the mighty Springboks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails