Friday 9 November 2007

Three things

Apparently this is called a meme post. Someone else tags you and sets you a specific challenge - perhaps a particular thing to write about. You do so. Everyone's happy.

I have Dory to thank for this. Go over and read her blog when you get a moment - she's very good at this whole writing malarkey.

For the purpose of this challenge I have to write about three things I haven't let go:

1) The desire to write that book. I have no idea what about, by the way. Every now and again I'll have some brilliant idea - a plot, characters, treatment, the whole thing. Then the attention span problem kicks in and I'm back to square one. Maybe I need a Dictaphone (insert punchline here).

2) The nagging fear that someone, somewhere is planning to feed me broccoli. It is the Devil's vegetable. I will say no more on the matter.

3) The love of deeply unfashionable music that I first started listening to in my teens. I can't understand these people who are embarrassed by their record collection. If we accept that it's OK for music lovers to listen to concertos written in the 18th century, what's wrong with something from 1972? Of course, I'm not suggesting that you can compare Handel's Messiah with "Close to the Edge" by Yes. That would be silly. There are nowhere near enough Mellotrons in the Messiah.

Enough stuff about me, thanks. On with the madness.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Don't feel like you're the only one. My favorite CD is my copy of Seals & Crofts' Greatest Hits. I could listen to "Diamond Girl" and "Summer Breeze" all day long if it didn't drive others batshit crazy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails